A complete diet for small psittacines & passerines which diverse particle sizes provides enrichment to the birds. This diet is specially formulated for non-breeding birds.
- Specially formulated with balanced nutrition – Use as the primary diet for non-breeding birds.
- Nutritionally Complete - Requires no mixing or supplementation.
- Multi-sized extruded form - Varying particles provide enrichment. Extruded form prevents sorting of ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiences.
- Better than pellets - Less fines and increased digestibility.
- Better than seeds – Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Reduced diet preparation - Less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items - Can includeup to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Natural sources of pigments, antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Product Size: 2.5 lb resealable poly bag
- This diet should be fed to non-breeding birds. Feed this diet to young birds after they have their first molt and until they reach breeding age. This diet should also be fed to birds which are not kept for breeding purposes. Any time a bird is not breeding or raising young for periods of over one month, they should be fed Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet.
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet, do a gradual changeover, starting with 90% seed (or current diet) and 10% Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be specially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri Small Bird Maintenance Diet the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Polybag diets are packaged in sealed containers under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date.
Ingredients: Ground corn, wheat middlings, dehulled soybean meal, corn gluten meal, flaxseed, glyceryl monostearate, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, calcium carbonate, wheat germ, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), l-lysine, salt, dl-methionine, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), choline chloride, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, beta carotene, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), rosemary extract, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, citric acid, manganous oxide, riboflavin, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), zinc oxide, calcium iodate, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, l-tryptophan, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.