Profender® is the first and only topical broad spectrum dewormer that treats and controls tapeworm, roundworm and hookworm infections in cats. Profender® is a convenient single dose treatment for cats and kittens that are at least 8 weeks of age and weigh at least 2.2 lbs.
Profender® makes treating intestinal parasites easy on both you and your cat. No longer will you struggle with pilling your pet or the stress of painful injections. With just one application of easy-to-use Profender®, you can confidently treat and control tapeworms, roundworms and hookworms.
How to Use
- Your veterinarian will determine the correct dosage for your cat by his/her weight.
- Remove one unit dose tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and place the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat’s neck at the base of the head, until the skin is visible.
- To ensure the entire contents of the tube are administered, place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the entire contents directly onto the skin. Lift tube away from the skin before releasing pressure on the tube.
Do not apply to broken skin or if hair coat is wet. Do not get this product in the cat’s mouth or eyes or allow the cat to lick the application site for one hour. Oral exposure can cause salivation and vomiting. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion while grooming. In households with multiple pets, keep animals separated to prevent licking of the application site.
Stiff hair, a damp appearance of the hair, or a slight powdery residue may be observed at the treatment site. These effects are temporary and do not affect the safety or effectiveness of the product.
Keep out of reach of children. To prevent accidental ingestion, children should not come in contact with the application site for twenty-four (24) hours while the product is being absorbed.